moan: why this male behaviour? - 700 to 1100 the Arabs flourish ....
Around 1400 even the break
of Byzantium . .. ARAB Nations are a culture MIX
Democracy is for the sake of change: - 'only males' rules in
leadership to be changed for ...more feminine leadership, every 8 years: -
this is FREEDOM
Aridity brought nomads:
| - religious,
good and bad, male rules as religion?
came from Kaucasus/ Central Asia
Arabs, + nations
rules a Risk
| SAUDI and neighbours, HISTORY.1:
- is 700/ nomad religious a cause of Arab crisis today ? |
since 1st Dynasties of the 'Arab, moslim
WORLD'= cities versus nomads
| Foundation KOA
stimulates a MODERNIZATION- view in sports
terms; Arabs conquered since 700|
S. ARABIA, GEO
a desert - power of tribal religious,
collective behaviour- Slavery till 1962
- . 700 -Mohamed* did not live long time.
His successors started explaining/ but males
- Arabs expanded to Syria, Iraq and more; biggest
centre became Bagdad to the Arab world:
- . 800 - Oemaijiden ........
in Damascus: - rivers and agriculture a key:
- 1000 - Abbassiden ...... in Bagdad ---- trade
succes. + Sjia. Why has this success vaded
- 1100 - Boeijiden .......... in Bagdad --- trade
success till 1100. Nomads broke to organize/
- 1300 - Ajoebiden........... in Cairo ----- trade
success //. Next to Byzantium, powerful Venice
- 1500 - Mameluks ......... in Cairo .....// not
really Arab// +/- 1300 Bagdad and Iran
are split off
- 1700 - Ottoman empire.. in Istanbul// not Arab.
Dutch stop Arab
- 1900 - nations, colonies. french revolution
breaks O-empire. Railways,
Arab governments: => which identity? Source:
Hourani: history of Arab people
debate on organization; Sunni sharia in mosque: - RISKS; -
a male is oké without religion.|
Patriarchs, tribal rule: she is moslim,
but there is no islam/ justice due to tribal laws
- dynasty means : army, tribes, religious;
lawyers, language, families and slaves: -unstable
- any imam explains; delivers fatwa's based on
their merits; fights with other dynasties
- nomad religious, new dynasties deliver LIMITATIONS
TO OTHERS: - it's Power to them
research in Mecca, 1884
Saudi, Mecca. More eNeEwWsS:
- Identity crisis? /- education for modern
behaviour and freedom?|
- Arabs, menu1;
Fate of bad governments. Imams make women cry
al Hilal. She/we disgust tribal, mani law
in traditional religion. Modern religion is allright!
Viewer: -only moslim-light is oke and jew-light,
of Dutch news.Arab Identity
a Diversity? Take an example to Mbeki's
State of the Union '08!
Today: rich States around the Persian Gulf.
black dots = central towns1)
- not Bagdad/ Iraq
today: - Bagdad and Basra were always rich and influencial thanks to rivers and
sea, like all key Arab towns.
- Algiers is young and created by Ottomans against
Spain. --- Aden is younger and created by the British.
- juridical nihilism, due to nomad, religious, Mani rules: -
women cry under sharia. ... Nations have few nomads, area a MIX of Arabs and
= a struggle between Arab nomads/ religious Suni
rules versus the Cities, situated at rivers 1)
moslim nomads conquered the desert and cities,with a mixed population, as from
700. / the GULF had Spice trade to Damascus
as International centre
Arab identity down in power and influence due to loss of spice trade
in the 17th century?
central government was impossible, because of SO MANY dynasties: - so 3 regional
parts are very independant:
--- west = Maghreb
central = Damascus, Mekka, Bagdad, Cairo
= east of Bagdad till India
(a lot Greecs) were the majority in 700 and thereafter in the area.
Many Jews also. Now being a minority since around 1100?
- the DUTCH
V.O.C. blocked in the 17th
century the GULF and they took over the Spice
trade, as from 1700 over the CAPE.
--- in the
colonial period of Europeans, local Christians got back their role. .... -
Today: - distrust/ problems?
--- in the 20TH CENTURY: - 'Heersers'/Rulers
as president bring instability per country. Becoming a Modern, Arab Identity
crisis is a problem?